A progress report by Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Social Services on implementation of National Child Benefit programs.
A statement by the ministers for "National Child Benefit: Future directions", released July 2000, states:
"Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Social Services:
- support the National Child Benefit (NCB) approach to addressing child poverty and workforce attachments of parents;
- endorse the actions taken by governments to put NCB funding on a secure and sustainable path;
- support the emerging national platform of income support that the NCB is building;
- recognise the contribution of NCB reinvestments and support the principle of NCB investments in early childhood development initiatives; and
- reiterate their commitment to a learning model of accountability that reports regularly on the results of NCB initiatives to the public."