Credentialing is the process of identifying qualifications required to do a particular job. This site allows you to search, compare and browse the requirements to work in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) across Canada.
This Guide to Early Childhood Education Credentialing in Canada describes the qualifications needed to work in regulated child care. Each province and territory has its own set of required qualifications and its own approach to certification, classification and equivalency. The Guide is intended for qualified Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) and others working in early childhood programs who may wish to:
- Review their province's or territory's requirements to work in regulated child care;
- Understand the requirements to work in regulated child care in other parts of Canada;
- Learn how their current qualifications would relate to these requirements;
- Understand what is involved in certification, classification and equivalency in each province and territory.
The Guide is also intended to be a reference for:
- Child care licensing officials;
- ECE faculty in post-secondary institutions;
- Policy makers and other government officials;
- Others involved or interested in the early childhood sector who may be interested in learning about the licensing requirements for ECE staff qualifications and ECE certification processes in other provinces and territories.