1 Feb 2011
- $6.6 million: The average compensation of Canada's best-paid 100 CEOs in 2009.
- $42,988: The average wage for Canadians working full-time, year-round.
- 155 times: How much the best-paid 100 CEOs earn more than average wage.
- 0: The number of women among the best-paid 100 CEOs in Canada in 2009.
- 20th: Canada ranks 20th, behind the U.S., in a global ranking of women's equality.
- 17th: Canada ranks 17 out of 24 OECD nations on children's material well-being.
- 1 in 10: Canadian children live in poverty. 1 in 4 Aboriginal children live in poverty.
- A solution: Shifting 1% of Canadians' collective after-tax income to the 1 in 10 Canadians living in low income would eliminate poverty in Canada.