Minutes and video of proceedings are available. See the description field for specific times of selected speakers on child care in the video.
The July 20, 2011 meeting of the City of Toronto Standing Committee on Community Development and Recreation considered the Core Services Review and the reports of the City Manager and KPMG consultants. The Community Development and Recreation Committee deferred this item until its September 14, 2011 meeting to permit further study and the establishment of a sub-committee to conduct four regional consultations in each of the four community council regions.
The following are selected speakers who made deputations about child care to the Committee. The times of the appearance are in brackets to assist in finding their deputation on the video:
- Helen Spitzer, mother (2:16:00)
- Sarah Robin, mother (2:25:00)
- Petr Varmuza, formerly of Toronto Children's Services (4:24:50)
- Sarah Blackstock, YWCA (5:10:40)
- Peter Frampton, Learning Enrichment Foundation (5:18:20)
- Jane Mercer, Toronto Coalition for Better Child Care (5:22:40)
- Vivian McCaffrey, Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario (6:05:20)
- Zeenat Janmohamed, Atkinson Centre, University of Toronto (6:15:20)
- Michael Krashinsky, University of Toronto (7:06:00)
- Alexandra Mandelis, Mothers for Child Care (7:40:00)
- Patricia Hunt, Family Support Institute of Ontario (7:56:30)