[The action plan features 7 commitments, with related objectives and actions including:]
Commitment 6. Access to high quality, affordable early learning programs and child care services are enhanced.
- Address the infrastructure challenges of finding safe and appropriate locations for early programs and child care services as identified by each community
- Restructure administration and finance processes for all ecd programs to promote equity, inclusion, quality and program stability.
- Provide access to high quality early education programs.
- Support culture-based programs that foster Aboriginal language development in children and involving Elders in programs.
- Develop cultural competencies of early childhood professionals.
- Enhance program resources for early education and care programs
- Improve the quality of licensed early childhood education and care programs
- Increase the number of qualified early education and care professionals in licensed programs