CRRU will update this page as the official strategy document become available.
The National Strategy for the Care and Support Economy sets a road map of actions to a sustainable and productive care and support economy that delivers quality care with decent jobs.
The Australian Government has released the draft National Care and Support Economy Strategy.
Consultation on the draft strategy is now open.
The draft strategy focuses on paid care and support services in:
- aged care
- disability care and support
- veterans’ care
- early childhood education and care (ECEC).
The draft strategy outlines a vision for a sustainable and productive care and support economy that delivers quality care and support with decent jobs. This means:
- person-centred services that recognise those accessing care and support as individuals and deliver quality outcomes
- secure, safe jobs with decent wages, conditions and opportunities for career development
- a care and support economy that has functioning markets, sustainable funding and generates productivity gains.
Sitting beside the strategy will be a road map and a series of action plans. The action plans will be developed iteratively and will outline practical steps towards the strategy’s objectives.