Keynote speaker, Vandana Shiva, one of the world's most high profile activists, researchers and writers, has spoken to sold out audiences around the world to build a global movement to preserve the global commons of food, water and public services.
- Martha Friendly, Childcare Resource and Resource Unit
- Dr. Alex Himelfarb, Glendon School of Public and International Affairs, at York University
- Erika Shaker, Education Director at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Dana Blackwell, Albertans for Food Safety
- Cameron Fenton, Canadian Youth Climate Coalition
- Michael McBane, Canadian Health Coalition
- Wayne Peters, Canadian Association of University Teachers
As corporations push to increase their control over our public services and the political process, this action oriented conference gives organizational leaders and key advocates from across Alberta a chance to come together to learn and strategize actions to assert the public good.