early childhood education and care
Call for Nominations: The Canadian Child Care Federation’s Award for Excellence in Child Care
The Canadian Child Care Federation’s Award for Excellence in Child Care honours individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the field of early learning and child care.
The award will recognize achievements in the following areas:
- New Initiatives
The award is presented biennially. The recipient will be awarded a medallion for excellence.
The Award for Excellence in Child Care recognizes accomplishments of individuals who work in all areas of child care, including those who work directly with children. Nominees must have given their time, talent and energy to enhance child care in Canada and have:
- contributed to a higher quality of child care, locally, provincially or nationally
- advocated on behalf of children, families or caregivers
- made a recognized contribution to the profession
- assumed a high level of responsibility
- demonstrated commitment and creativity
Nominees do not need to be members of the Canadian Child Care Federation. Current members of the Board of Directors and Member Council are ineligible for nomination.
A nomination for this award must be made by two or more current members of the Canadian Child Care Federation. There are no nomination forms. Individuals or organizations submitting a nomination must include the following:
- letter(s) of recommendation by the two or more members making the nomination
- the nominee’s full name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail
- a clear statement of the nominee’s achievements & why she/he is being recommended for this award
- a curriculum vitae, bio information and/or other supporting documentation relevant to the award
These documents should be sent electronically.
The Selection Committee is comprised of members of the Board of Directors and Member Council of the Canadian Child Care Federation. The criteria for selection includes: the length and degree of personal commitment; the impact of the nominee’s activities on children and/or the child care field; demonstrated creativity and innovation; and the ability to overcome difficulties.
Nominations must be received by April 15th, 2017. Submit nominations electronically to:
email@example.com or by mail to:
Award Selection Committee
Canadian Child Care Federation
700 Industrial Ave., Suite 600
Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 0Y9