The Ontario Ministry of Education has released the next phase of regulatory amendments under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA). The proposed regulatory amendments are now posted on the Regulatory Registry and available for public comment until December 1, 2017.
The proposed regulatory amendments under the CCEYA are intended to:
• Reduce administrative burden for child care providers and families;
• Enhance enforcement;
• Clarify existing requirements for authorized recreational and skill building programs;
• Update funding regulations with current practices and policies;
• Revoke Schedule 2 age groupings and ratios and;
• Make technical amendments.
To review proposed amendments and give feedback:
Go to the website and click on Proposed Regulatory Amendments, CCEYA to review the proposed amendments or view them here. Give your feedback by clicking on Comment on this proposal via email at the bottom of the site.
Please bring your attention to section E: Revoking of Schedule 2 age groupings and ratios.