B.C.’s Early Learning Framework guides and supports early childhood educators, primary school teachers, principals and vice-principals, college and university educators and researchers, post-secondary students in early childhood and elementary education programs, StrongStart BC facilitators, other early years professionals, communities, governments and families.
The Framework establishes a vision for respectfully living and learning together. It supports the rich early learning experiences of children, provides a focal point for dialogue among British Columbians, and creates a common language and greater understanding of the vital importance of early learning for all young children.
The Early Learning Framework applies to all learning environments, from StrongStart BC programs and primary classrooms to child care settings, preschools and other early childhood development or child health programs. It also
- Supports dialogue and reflection on the importance of the development and learning of young children
- Guides early learning programs and activities
- Encourages discussion with families about their child’s early learning
- Shapes professional development
- Creates a shared image of children to guide the promotion of early learning