British Columbia is committed to the well-being, care, and learning of children. That’s why we’re working to make child care available to anyone who wants it, at a price they can afford.
Childcare BC Vision
The vision for year 10 of Childcare BC is all children and families will benefit from child care that is:
- Affordable and well supported so that families pay no more than $10/day per child, or less for lower-income families, for licensed care
- The best start delivered by highly qualified professionals who have the training, knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver high-quality, culturally safe and enriching settings aligned with BC’s Early Learning Framework
- Open to every child and every family with inclusive care for children up to and including age 12 and higher where needed
- Available and reliable with staff that receive appropriate pay and recognition to deliver a service that families, communities and employers can depend on
- Responsive and respectful to Indigenous jurisdiction over child care for Indigenous children and families
- Accessible and inclusive to children of all backgrounds and abilities
We Want to Hear From You
As the Province advances its Childcare BC Plan, the Ministries of Children and Family Development and Education want to hear from a broad range of child care partners – from child care providers, community service partners, parent organizations, school districts and child care advocates. We value your input and would like to know what you think is most critical as we continue to evolve early learning and child care in British Columbia.
Ways to Participate
We’re hosting a series of activities to hear directly from B.C.’s child care partners. Subscribe (on the top right-hand corner of this page or at the bottom of the page on mobile devices) to be notified of upcoming participation opportunities.
1. Attend the virtual Information Session
What is it? Virtual facilitated webinar for early learning and child care partners with information sharing, panel discussion, Q&A session, and electronic input into future sessions.
When is it? December 1, 2021, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Please register here
2. Participate in a self-paced feedback session
What is it? An opportunity for early learning and child care partners to provide self-paced feedback on a range of topics in a way that works best for their busy schedules.
When is it? Launching December 2, 2021 and open until February 15, 2022
3. Attend a virtual workshop on a specific topic of most interest to you
What is it? A series of interactive, facilitated and virtual sessions focused on a single topic, where partners can provide feedback on questions using an interactive whiteboard. We will use digital tools to capture feedback during the sessions.
When is it? Coming in the New Year
What will we do with the feedback you provide?
We value your input. Feedback collected throughout this engagement will be used to support decision-making on the future of early learning and child care in B.C. Any follow-up information, including summaries and results of consultation will be shared on this page.